Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Werit the P.I.T.A.


Over the weekend, I did manage to get some WoW time in. I had planned on playing more yesterday, but a WAR came up. I finished up a few quest lines, but am still hanging in at Level 70.

One quest line I finished, and thought was interesting, was the D.E.H.T.A (Druids for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) encampment in the Borean Tundra. These guys always have a bone to pick with Nesingway, the hunter.

Some notes:

  • Putting fur over traps so trappers get caught in them is pretty funny.
  • Freeing baby mammoths from traps is pretty sad.
  • Having poachers and animals fighting it out is a nice touch.
  • Collecting poachers ears is pretty nasty. I guess they want to make necklaces out of them. The reward is repeatable and nice.
  • Heh, Karen "I don't Caribou" the Culler
  • Heh, Clam Master K... but we have to kill him? The old-time scuba divers are neat though.
  • Riding and fighting on a mammoth is fun.
  • I was able to solo a 72 elite.
  • I could not finish off Harold Lane, due to his trapping and running, which picks up adds. Some Horde came by and helped me out.
In the end, I received the achievement, D.E.H.T.A's Little P.I.T.A.

2 comments:

I ran 3 instances in 2 hours, hit 71. I love the new instances, short, sweet and to the point. Some quests there as well, that give some decent stuff.

I suggest checking out Utgarde Keep, I thought it was fun.

One of my favorite quest lines in the game to date. I've also run a few of the instances, but found them lacking. They flew by so fast and we didn't even get a scratch. I've very disappointed, I know that Blizzard tries to make the game easier every time they release an expansion to keep the kiddies, I mean, players happy, but the first two instances where just underwhelming to the point where I sleep walked through both of them and i was the tank.

But, the areas outside the instances and the quest lines are much improved over those in BC. Still not as good as the original content in the lower levels, but lots of fun to be had.

Post a Comment